Take the IROM-C written exam at the AAOM Annual Conference, Saturday, May 7th at 1 pm in Denver. Colorado.
The IRMO-C has a written portion and practical portion, candidates must pass the written portion of the IROM-C before they can progress to take the Practical Exam.
For information as to upcoming events where The Practical Exam can be written please visit http://www.aaomed.org/Orthopedic-Conferences. This web page provides an outline of the American Academy / Association of Orthopedic Medicine's (AAOM) certification program currently titled, Interventional and Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine Certification (IROM-C).
I have been providing patients with some musculoskeletal regenerative medicine for over fifteen years. Since I have been working closely with AAOM, I have found that my skill level has advanced rapidly and significantly. Excited by my improvements, I made it a goal to take the IROM-C Exam knowing that having achieved that goal would be an objective measure in how far I have come. Having taken several AAOM courses, I found the written test while comprehensive fairly easy, and the practical examination was a very positive experience for me having been monitored by physicians who I have always looked up to observe me doing evaluations and treatments on live patients, and knowing that I had done well made me feel proud. I am glad that I set the goal for myself to become IROM-C certified, and my patients can have the confidence of knowing that the doctor performing regenerative medicine on them is certified.
Robert J Joseph, M.D.
Why IROM-C Certification:
- IROM-C Certification establishes minimum competency for physicians in the field of regenerative orthopedic medicine.
- Preparation and passing the AAOM IROM-C helps standardize the requirements related to various forms of treatment dealing with regenerative orthopedic medicine.
- Completion of IROM-C provides educational and professional opportunities for certified individuals.
In order to sit for certification you must submit the following:
To become certified one must successfully pass first the written and second the practical portions of the AAOM certification
- Have a current and active license as a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Submit the certification registration application
- Be approved by the AAOM Certification Committee
Minimum requirements to pass the AAOM Certification:
- 70% Score on the Written Certification Examination
- Passing grade on Practical Certification Examination (Pass/Fail)